Are your Easter public holidays up to date in payroll?
With Easter fast approaching, you have to be up to date with your employee’s entitlements over the extra long weekend. Below are important dates to consider…
- Friday, 30 March 2018 (Good Friday)
- Sunday, 1 April 2018 (Easter Sunday - not a public holiday)
- Monday, 2 April 2018 (Easter Monday)
Things to remember:
- Employees are entitled to a maximum of 2 public holidays ie; although businesses are usually closed on Sunday, it is not a public holiday.
- To be entitled to a paid day off on a public holiday, the day must be a normal working day for them
- If it is unclear what the Employee’s normal working days are, then consider the following factors:
- Their employment agreement – are they casual or permanent?
- Work patterns – e.g. rosters?
- What are your reasonable expectations that the employee would work on the day concerned?
If you have any further questions regarding holiday pay and entitlements then give the team at People Passion a call on 09 299 2525